It is our dream to expand our reach in the City of Buffalo in a more grassroots, commuity based way.
We are hoping to have a center in the City that would allow us to:
- Create leadership development, mentorship and internship for youth
- Utilize the arts: music, dance, video, photography and story telling to encourgage youth and build communities
- Provide encouragement and support to adoptive and foster families
- Support and build families though family nights and activities
- Create volunteer opportunities for Buffalo communities to benefit local people and organizations
- Partner with higher education institutions for higher education opportunities for those without access to them
By partnering with communities in Buffalo in these ways, our goal is to empower them to strengthen and build the dreams they have for their families and communities.
*These are some of the ideas we have, however we take an approach both locally and in Sierra Leone of getting to know the communities we are working in, listening to them and community leaders and then matching our skills and resources with what can best benefit the community.