We’re glad you stopped by.
This blog post is the start of something new—a new space, a new place, an opportunity to share our stories with you.
The stories are plentiful. Many of them are encouraging, uplifting, and heart changing. Some of them are hard to hear, but compel us to action, and change our hearts in a different way.
We are looking forward to introducing you to some of the amazing people who help to make LOL what it is: the volunteers here, as well as those in Sierra Leone whose lives have been changed by clean drinking water, a new school and the opportunities that have emerged from it all.
The work we are doing would not be possible without the many volunteers who have given their time, talents and financial resources. Sometimes “support” comes in ways as simple as writing a check. But more often it comes through the commitments of people who believe in the mission of LOL and who have come alongside us to offer a helping hand in more ways than we can even count, often quietly and behind the scenes, but whose involvement is an essential part of the bigger picture.
So, we are excited to use our blog to give you a deeper look into who we are, what we are doing and where we are going. It will be a space to:
- Update you on events, trips and fundraisers.
- Let you know about needs we have, financial or logistical.
- Introduce you to some of the people who are already deeply committed to LOL, what they’re doing, how they became involved, and in some cases, what you can do to help them.
- Introduce you to some of the people on the ground in Sierra Leone who are working as part of our team there, or have been impacted by LOL in some way.
- Educate you about some of the current events and social justice issues that impact the work that we are doing.
We hope that as you read you’ll be encouraged, enlightened and more informed about what is happening. That it will compel you to consider helping in some way and that, at the end of the day, you might be inspired to use what you have to help someone, somewhere.
That you will go and, as Gandhi so famously said, “be the change you want to see in the world.”
If you haven’t already “Liked” our Facebook Page, hop on over and do so—that’s the best way to make sure you’re not missing out on anything and where we’ll let you know when a new blog post is up on the website!
Please stop back later this week to hear a super cool story about one of our volunteers who is getting married this weekend and using her wedding day as a way to raise funds for a new well!